ELSA Aberdeen is a Local Group created for the benefit of students and alumni at the ancient University of Aberdeen. Currently, our University is recognised as one of the top 5 law schools in the United Kingdom. ELSA Aberdeen was the first Local Group in Scotland. Since April 2018 our Local Group holds the status of Observer within the ELSA UK network.
- President – Adriana Matkowska (email@example.com)
- Secretary-General – Tjaγo da Silva Palma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer – Salvatore D’Agostino (email@example.com)
- Vice President for Marketing – Polyxeni Papageorgiou (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President for Seminars and Conferences – Love Herén (email@example.com)
- Vice President for Academic Activities – Alison Hetherington (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President for Student Trainee Exchange Programme – Mirko Marino Pepoli (email@example.com)
- Vice President for Mooting Competitions – Andreas D’Cunha (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Seminars and Conferences (S&C)
Panel discussion ‘Reflections on Terrorism in the United Kingdom’ – In October 2017 ELSA Aberdeen organised a panel discussion attempting to identify characteristics and origins of the tragic terrorist attacks that the UK has experienced in the past. The speakers have approached the issue from the legal and socio-political perspective. The seminar turned out to be a great success, which we would like to continue in the future.
Academic Activities (AA)
Law Quiz – Our Local Group prepared a Quiz Night for law students and staff. The participating teams were supposed to consist of all law-based societies at the University of Aberdeen. Unfortunately, we were forced to cancel the event due to heavy snow.
Moot Court Competitions (MCC)
This year, representatives of the University of Aberdeen qualified to the finals of the European Human Rights Moot Court Competitions. The team is coached by Lucas Xi-Ming Fischer, and consists of Diana Passinke (team captain), Harry Johnston, Thomas Mackie, and Benjamin Jones. We are very proud that our Local Group made it so far in this prestigious competition.