ELSA Kent is the local group of ELSA for the students based at the University of Kent, in Canterbury. It was founded in 2011 and received Observer Status in 2013. It is a full member of ELSA UK that has continued to grow as a prominent academic presence in the Kent law student community through the years. The group is affiliated with Kent Union and has more than 130 members.
- President – Abigail Simpson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary-General – Joanna Veimou (email@example.com)
- Treasurer – May Penny (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President for Marketing – Olivia Killian (email@example.com)
- Vice President for Academic Activities – Tolu Rosanwo
- Vice President for Moot Court Competitions (MCC) – Nathaly Andreou
- Director of Law School – Josetta Peltoniemi (Elsalawschools.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Seminars and Conferences (S&C)
Our plans for seminars and/or conferences in 2019 involve placing a great focus on the not-so well understood aspects of Brexit, as well as some the recent developments in topical areas of law.
The ELSA Summer Law School on Migration Law
ELSA Kent is proud to be the only group in the UK network to organise a Summer ELSA Law School. The ELSA Summer Law School on Migration Law is running its third edition this year.
Our close-knit team on the Organising Committee cannot wait to welcome participants from all over the globe for this fantastic week!
Academic Activities (AA)
Entering 2019, we are currently in the process of organising a 3-4 day trip visiting the European Parliament in Brussels and a detour to Amsterdam, collaborating with another society on campus.
Moot Court Competitions (MCC)
This year we are very much looking forward to the inaugural launch of the ELSA UK Commercial Law Moot Court Competition, an international mooting competition which will be held at the University of Kent in March 2019, to mark the 10-year anniversary of the Lehman Brothers. In addition, we will also be compiling a team to represent ELSA Kent at the London Human Rights Moot Court Competition held at the London School of Economics, as well as the creation of an ELSA Negotiation competition.